We are excited for you to join us for our second virtual ensemble. We will be performing “Sing We Now Upon a Rose” by Gavin Lendt.
If you are interested in participating in this event, please review the sheet music below and choose a part that best suits your playing ability. We are providing an audio play along click track for you to listen to as you video record yourself. We have also included a YouTube video for you to see and hear the music while taking note of the phrasing, dynamics, articulation, etc. Once you have recorded your video you will need to complete the sign up form, upload the video and submit the form by Tuesday, Dec 1, 2020.
Click Track Audio
Sign Up Form
Sheet Music Download
1st Part – Difficult, Solo passages, Extreme high register
2nd Part – Difficult, Solo passages, medium high register
3rd Part – Difficult, Solo passages, high register, melody
4th Part – Moderate, Solo passages, medium range, melody
5th Part – Moderate, melody, accompaniment, middle register
6th Part – Moderate, melody, accompaniment, Medium and low register
7th Part – Moderate, Some melody, accompaniment, bass line, low range
8th Part – Difficult, Some melody, bass line, low to extreme low range, bass clef
9th Part (Youth Horn) – Beginner to Intermediate, comfortable range
Instructions and Tips for Recording Yourself
1. Wear Headphones or earbuds.
2. Use two devices. Play click track audio through headphones on one device (phone, computer, mp3 player, etc.) Record your video on a second device that has the best camera and audio (smartphone, computer, camcorder, camera, etc.).
3. Wear your Horn Club shirt (if you have one) and festive accents (Santa Hat, Lights, etc )(Optional).
4. Record in a well lit room, with the light facing you and plenty of space behind you. We want to see your beautiful faces and not unsightly shadows looming from above.
5. Allow for 5 seconds of silence before and after you play. The piece ends quietly. Try not to move soon after you have finished playing but appropriate smiling is encouraged.
6. Be as centered in the camera as possible. The top of your head should be just below the top frame of the camera view.
7. Check playback. Make sure the audio is not distorted. You may need to move away from the recording device or turn down the levels.
8. Some parts have solos in them. Go ahead and play them.
9. Record yourself after you feel you have prepared the music to the best of your ability. However, we are not looking for perfection, we just want everyone to join us for this virtual event.
10. Upload the video to the link provided on the form by Tuesday, Dec 1.